For the last few months, probably even longer, I have had a tiny, but persistent oil leak and for the longest time I was unable to locate the problem. With a little assistance I was able to locate two of the culprits, my oil censor, which I replaced awhile back, and my fuel flange.
The oil censor was simple, but the fuel flange was a bit more difficult. The task in itself was simple, but accessing it was a bitch. To get to the flange you must remove the fuel pump, which is held in place by multiple nuts, several which are located out of sight.
To make removal a little easier we removed the distributor, just to give us a little more working space. Once that was out of the way the nuts were still difficult to access. We could reach them now, but could not turn a wrench. To take the nuts off we used one of the newer ratcheting wrenches. I love them they made the task so easy.
Once the fuel pump was removed there was nothing more than just swapping out parts and gaskets. During this I learned that the gaskets that were in place were barely a piece of paper. I believe that may have been contributing to the leak.