It is amazing the effect that the smallest fix can do for the appearance of your car. Still crazy overwhelmed with finals, this past weekend I finally had time to swap out my old taillights for new ones. From years of sitting in the sun my lenses were sun damaged beyond salvaging. After shopping around for a while I finally ordered new lenses and seals from J-Bugs . Total came to around$30, less than a single full lens kit.After making the swap I am so disappointed with myself that I did not handle this sooner, the process was so easy. Three screws on the lens itself, and two nuts under the fender to release the rest of the taillight. The most difficult part was disconnecting the lights, but that is only because my connections were slightly eroded.After everything was removed I slipped on the new seal, we re-aligned everything and reattached everything else. I was so surprised what a difference it made on the overall appearance. Replacing my taillights re-sparked my passion for repairing my Little Bug and I cannot wait until my finals are finally over and I have time to spend some real time working on my baby.