First Fix 100% on my Own

Recently I shared the story of how I lost my glove box in a Hulkish incident and shared my speedometer problems. Two weeks ago I managed to conquer those obstacles completely on my own. There are other problems that I’ve previously written about, things I say I have fixed but in reading the articles I think it becomes clear that I normally have a little help and guidance. Normally it is my boyfriend and I figuring things out. IMG_1837

That was supposed to be the case with my glove box, hood latch, and speedometer, but that same weekend he had to replace his axles on his Honda. I was supposed to wait, but got bored and took the mission on myself, and to my surprise it all went smoothly. IMG_1831

My first task was to remove my old glove box. I figured in it’s poor condition there was no way I could mess it up. To remove it all I had to do was remove the small screw, located in the front hood that secured a latch/bar, that held the box in place.

The next step wIMG_1839as to remove the front hood lever and all of its wiring. This took some investigating and trial IMG_1840and error, but it all went pretty smoothly. Since my lever was no longer attached to my glove box in anyway the only real disconnecting I had to do was where the wire actually releases the hood. (See picture –>) To remove the wire it just takes unscrewing the one screw through a small hole to the side of the latch.

The next step was to attach my new wire to my new lever, which was a simple clamp. After that I had to attach the new lever the my new glove box which took some trial and error, and innovation, but it eventually worked out. I simply used three short screws and nuts and attached them pointing in to the box. (I’ll need to remember to watch-out for them.)

IMG_1843

IMG_1845IMG_1841

IMG_1848

 

To reattach the glove box it was merely the act of reattaching the lever/bar and screwing it back in tightly.

Last was my speedometer wire which was really nothing at all. I simply unscrewed the wire from the gauge, followed it down to the the tire. I then pulled it out of the tire and then pulled everything out through the trunk. I just reversed the steps to install the new one.

Advertisements

About Simply Alex

A graduate of CSUF with my BA in Communications - Entertainment and Tourism Studies. I love food, photography, music, and writing. New to Hawaii by way of sunny SoCal.
This entry was posted in Exterior Work, Mechanical and Maintance and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

2 Responses to First Fix 100% on my Own

  1. Doll says:

    Wow, you have my admiration. Great job. Woohoo, Alex!!!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s