Last week I mentioned my newest problems, the speedometer spazzing out on me and the death of my gas gauge. Sadly my speedometer is still being a spazz, I ended up ordering a new speedometer cable and hopefully I will get that in this weekend and resolve the problem. My gas gauge on the other hand is working flawlessly and the fix was so much easier then I had anticipated. All it took was cleaning its connections. People were telling me that was probably all it was, but with my luck I was anticipating the worse.
In less than 10 minutes this weekend I brought my fuel gauge back to life. I just removed all the junk from my front hood, disconnected the fuel gauge wire, cleaned the connectors, and viola it worked.